The ZENworks Configuration Management 2017 Update 2 agent will display a "ZENworks Settings Change" dialog during phase 2 of the build process. The dialog will stop the build from proceeding and is due the the ZENworks Full Disk Encryption (FDE) components being uninstalled during the zone registration process.
This TID will detail the patch required and steps to resolve the issue.
|NOTE:||This process is only required if ZENworks FDE is not enabled in your ZCM zone.|
- ENGL Imaging Toolkit 10.x
- ZENworks Configuration Management 2017 Update 2 / 2a
- ZCM 17.2 Fix for Offline agent installation
|1.||Apply ZCM 17.2 Fix for Offline agent installation |
|2.||Import ZCM agent package in to the File Library |
|3.||Update project settings |
1. Apply ZCM 17.2 Fix for Offline agent installation.
Download and apply the ZCM 17.2 Fix for Offline agent installation following the instructions provided on the download page.
|NOTE:||Ensure the custom agent packages are rebuilt before proceeding to step 2.|
2. Import ZCM agent package in to the File Library.
- Open Build Console and click the Add ZENworks Agent button in the Task View.
- Browse to the location of the custom agent package updated in step 1 above.
- Complete the wizard to import the agent package.
- Select the ZENworks 2017 Adaptive Agent (17.2.0) in the File Library and ensure the File Version is 22.214.171.1240
|NOTE:||If you have already imported the ZENworks 2017 Adaptive Agent (17.2.0) in to the File Library, this version should be|
deleted and replaced with the updated agent package.
3. Update project settings.
Open the project you wish to update and complete the following steps:
- Set the Desktop Management Solution to ZENworks 2017 Update 2.
- Open the ZENworks - Configuration section of the project.
- Select the ZENworks 2017 Adaptive Agent (17.2.0).
- Modify the Command Line to add "-b fde" to the command line parameters.
The complete Command Line will be: %SystemDrive%\Ztoolkit\Agent\PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe -x -q -b fde
- Save and validate the project.
- Run the Deployment Wizard and re-create the Build Process (ztoolkit) add-on image.
Run a test build to confirm everything is now working and that the updated Agent is being installed during the build process.